Develop daily and monthly models that measure growth and data shifts. Adjust for seasonality, calendar effect, and other predictable noise that confuse reading performance.
- Clarify how you’re doing today and how you got here.
- Quickly identify when a major event has occurred.
- Avoid hazards of comparing your performance with Plan, or prior year.
Learning from History
Examine your history to gain insights into past events that have shaped your performance and provide helpful guidance going forward.
- Know your price elasticity, so you can better plan for price change impact.
- Objective measurement of impact from marketing campaigns, new products, etc.
- Measure lost business when negative event occurs.
- Improve management of customer cost.
Draw upon lessons learned from trending historical data, generate forecasts that clarify the underlying trend and quantify upcoming events that will drive growth and results.
- Identify and quantify key drivers of future performance.
- Greater confidence in projections and plans.
- As appropriate, ability to better determine why future performance differs from forecast.
The techniques employed for trending, analyzing, forecasting, and problem solving can be applied to virtually any industry. I have substantial experience working in education, health care, telecommunications, insurance and banking.